Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is usually influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal equipment products type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment models type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, see in the ratio column and based on input rpm check the gear box ranking horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in course II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· As the consumed HP is certainly 9, the machine HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Inform your good friends concerning crane duty helical gearbox – share this short article on your social networks!